Navigate Up
Sign In

Transfer in Courses to Get Credit

​To transfer in coursework taken at other institutions, official college transcripts must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar at the City College you intend to enroll at.            

Transfer credits help you register for courses and may be​ used to​ help you meet the requirements for an associate degree or certificate program at the City Colleges of Chicago (CC​​C). ​​ ​​ ​  ​ ​​ ​​​           

Transfer Credit Gene​ra​l Guidelines

  • Course credits are accepted from regionally accredited institutions
  • Only final grades of "C-" or higher a​re transferable
  • Equivalent to course​s in our current Academic Catalog

Admitted stu​​dents, currently enrolled students, and former students at CCC may submit official college transcripts ​for ​evaluations. Transfer credit is processed for students who are admitted, those students who are currently enrolled, or those students who have previously attended CCC.      

Transferred course grades are not reflected in your CCC grade point average (GPA). However, the courses transferred in will be listed on your CCC student history under transfer credit. NOTE: evaluations can only be completed based upon official college transcripts.                                


We encourage you to meet with your College Advisor to find out how your transfer credit can help you select the courses you register for, and how transfer credit can be used toward completing a program at CCC.​​​ ​​​​​​





How to Transfer College Credits

  1. Submit your official transcripts to the Admission & Records Office in Room 1408, either in person or by mail.
  2. Fill out the transfer credit evaluation request form.
  3. View your transfer credits in your student account, once they have been approved and input by the Registrar’s Office. The entire process takes 6 - 8 weeks.
  4. Follow-up with your Academic Advisor to discuss how your transferred credits can be used to help you complete your academic program.

General questions? Contact Admissions & Records Office, Room 1408, (773) 838-7600.

Specific questions about your evaluation? Contact Advising Services, Room 1111, (773) 838-7500.

Contact Information

(773) 838-7575
(773) 838-7524
7500 S. Pulaski Road
Student Services, Room 1111
Chicago, IL 60652
Get Directions

Learn More