Navigate Up
Sign In

Apply for International Admission and Request a Change to Student Visa Status

Application Requirements

  • Complete an International Student Admission Application (to be filled out by applicant only). An International Student Admission Application is available from your International Student Advisor.
  • Submit official copies of academic transcripts from secondary, college, or university institutions.
  • Submit all educational credentials (transcripts, diplomas, or certificates) earned at the secondary or post-secondary levels outside of the United States. All such credentials must be evaluated by Educational Perspectives.
  • Submit a copy of your passport and Form I-94 card issued to you upon entry into the United States, which verifies your current legal status.
  • Submit a completed Affidavit of Support form. Sponsors who are US citizens and permanent residents should complete the USCIS Form I-134 Affidavit of Support. Sponsors who are not US citizens or permanent residents should complete the Affidavit of Support form included with the International Student Admission Application.
  • Submit a certified bank letter of verification. Sponsor must show a minimum of USD$24,000 in his/her account. If you are self-sponsored student, you must show a minimum of USD$34,000 in your account.
  • Submit an employment verification form. Sponsor must show a minimum annual income of USD$40,000.
  • After the Form I-20 has been issued, you must submit your Form I-20, Form I-539 (application to change visa status), the required fee listed in the change of visa status instructions (money order or certified check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security), and other necessary supporting documents to the Office of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly INS) for status change approval. Note: please allow 6 to 12 months for USCIS to process a change of status application.

Documents Submission

Please submit all documents to your International Student Advisor.                           


International Student Advisors                            

Harold Washington College ​Yolanda Townsend-Smith ​(312) 553-6004
Truman College ​​Jose Carrejo ​(773) 907-6809
​Kennedy-King College​ Eric Hayes ​(773) 602-5273
Malcolm X College ​Michael Ryniec ​(312) 850-7107
Olive-Harvey College ​Ofelia Valdez or Felicia Spaulding (773) 291-6732 or (773) 291-6136
Daley College ​Eduardo Lugo ​(773) 838-7572
​​Wright College ​​Joseph Kim (773) 481-8128
Wright College ​Liz Miazek (773) 481-8322​​





Contact Information

(312) 850-7105
1900 W. Jackson Blvd.
Room 1404
Chicago, IL 60612
Get Directions