Navigate Up
Sign In

Get My CTA U-Pass

Any student taking nine (9) or more credit hours can opt-in to this voluntary benefit starting Monday August 15th – but they must pay a one- time, nonrefundable fee of $70 for Fall 2022 semester. The U-Pass will be deactivated if a student’s class   
Schedule falls below nine (9) credit hours.                 
Opt-In Process   
Students who would like to opt-in to the U-Pass program should log in to and fill out the U-Pass form under "Announcements." Then, they can choose how they would like to pay the $70 fee. Students may pay with cash or credit card, opt to use available financial aid, or request financial assistance. Review the Return Students or New Student information below for the next steps after opting in. Please note that payment must be secured to complete the opt-in process.        

Returning Students (Enrolled in 9 or more credit hours)                  
If you already have a Ventra U-Pass Card, are enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credit hours and do not have a negative balance on your Ventra transit account, have paid the $70 fee, or requested financial assistance; the U-Pass function on your card will automatically activate on (the first day of Fall Term credit classes).                     
New Students (Enrolled in 9 credit hours)            
If you are a new student to the Ventra U-Pass program for Fall 2022, you must opt-in to the U-Pass program at After opt-in, students should refer to their home college below:         
Once you have opted-in via, your identity must be verified. Afterwards, a link will be released to the student to electronically submit the Ventra order form. There is a 7-day timeline for CTA processing and mailing of the card. Students will be contacted about card distribution once cards are shipped. Students should not go to the college otherwise. Please contact Student Affairs via Virtual Services at:        

Below, you’ll find some general information to help you become familiar with your new Ventra U-Pass:                      
  • ​With the new Ventra card, you will no longer need to obtain a new U-Pass every semester.
  • Your U-Pass Card is valid for at least five years and your transit account will remain active when the semester is completed, BUT you must add funds to your U‐Pass to use it.
  • U‐Pass privileges are not valid on Pace buses or Metra trains. You must pay a full fare to ride Pace and Metra.
Using Your U-Pass Between Semesters                     
While your U-Pass allows free CTA rides during the semester, you will need to add funds to your Ventra account in order to use it when classes are not in session or if you are not full time.                         
One of the benefits of the Ventra Card is that you can continue to use it during the time between semesters, but in order to do so, you will need to add funds to your Ventra account. You can load transit value to your card:                
Rules and Conditions                     
U‐Pass is limited to exclusive use by the original full‐time student card owner. Your U‐Pass may not be shared. If any conditions are violated, the pass will be confiscated for up to one academic year without reimbursement, and a $50 card replacement will need to be paid for a replacement card.                                             

Lost, Damaged, or Stolen Cards               
If your pass is lost or stolen, you may request a new card through the Business Office at your home college. You must present your City Colleges ID and pay a $50 non-refundable replacement fee. If you have further questions, email the CTA at:, call 1-888-YOUR-CTA, or visit the CTA U-PASS website.                                              
For more information, contact your college's Business Office or visit the CTA website.                      
CCC Ventra UPass Contact    

Daley College​   
  • ​Beverly Hicks, Student Activities Director,   
  • Main Office: 773-838-7777    
  • Ventra hours:     Mon thru Thurs.     9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.    

Harold Washington College       
  • ​For new students only:  First, complete the Ventra opt-in form via Then visit the ZOOM virtual office of Student Affairs at​ to be verified and receive next steps. There is a 7-day timeline for CTA processing. Students will be contacted about card pickup when cards are received at the college.       
  • Business Hours    
Monday - Thursday    
          10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.       
          10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ​ 
Kennedy-King College    
Malcolm X College  
The Office of Student Activities Ventra Card Contact Information:       
MXC Student Activities(1418) Ventra Office Hours:     
M-W    10:00am -4:00pm    
Th        12:00am-5:00pm      
Fri       10:00am-12:00pm     
Olive-Harvey College      
Truman College     
Wright College    





For more KKC campus information, contact your college's Business Office at (773) 602-5064 or the Dept. of Student Services, Remona Gavin, , (773) 602-5081, or go​ or visit the CTA website​
​​​  ​​

Contact Information

(773) 602-5081
6343 South Halsted Street
Administration Building - Welcome Desk
Chicago, IL 60621
Get Directions

Learn More

    U-Pass Distribution Spring 2021

    Eligible students who choose to opt-in to the U-Pass program for the Spring 2021 semester should take the following steps:  

    1.    Log in to the student portal at with your City Colleges username and password.
    2.    Click on the Spring 2021 - U-Pass Opt-In Agreement in the “Announcements” section.
    3.    Choose the way you will be paying the $70 fee:
    ·       I will pay by credit card in the student portal
    ·       I will use my available Financial Aid
    ·       I need financial assistance to pay this fee
    Once the fee has been paid, returning students’ U-Passes will be activated on their first day of class.
    New students who opt-in (using the instructions above) will receive more information about picking up their U-Pass at their collegePlease remember, students going to campus to pick up their U-Pass must follow the health and safety guidelines that are in place, including completing the health screening at, wearing a mask, and complying with social distancing methods at the campus.
    Lost, Damaged or Stolen Cards  

    If your pass is lost or stolen, you may request a new card at your home college and pay a $50 non-refundable replacement fee. If you have further questions, email the CTA at:, call 1-888-YOUR-CTA, or visit the CTA U-PASS website.  

    Registration is now open