Navigate Up
Sign In

Request a Military Transcript

The Veterans Services Specialist at your college can assist you with this process and explain the policy for awarding college credit for military education and duties.         

  • Army, Army National Guard, Navy, Marine Corps and US Army Reserve - transcripts are provided by the Joint Services Transcript (JST).

  • Air Force, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve - all current and former active duty, guard, and reserve Air Force members can order a transcript free of charge through the CCAF online system.

  • Coast Guard - official documentation of military learning experiences should be sent to your home college.

Earn College Credit for Military Education and Duties

In recognition of basic training, all military personnel without a dishonorable discharge who enroll in an associate degree program will receive 7 credit hours in electives as follows:        

  • PHY ED 110 – Fitness, 2 credit hours
  • PHY ED 116 – Self Defense and Combatives, 2 credit hours
  • HEALTH 251 – First Aid, 3 credit hours

As applicable, military personnel without a dishonorable discharge enrolled in a certificate or associate degree program will receive additional credit based on military training transcripts. For example:         

  • Tank maintenance crew could receive credits for mechanical, electronics and hydraulic maintenance
  • Medical evacuation personnel could receive credit for EMT training and trauma evaluation

The maximum number of credit hours that can be awarded is 50% of the total credit hours required for the degree or certificate for which the veteran is enrolled, up to a maximum of 30 hours.​​​​​ ​​​​ 






Military veterans.

Contact Information

(773) 907-4833
1145 W. Wilson Ave.
McKeon Building Room 107
Chicago, IL 60640
Get Directions

Learn More