Navigate Up
Sign In




Chicago, IL  
Get Directions


HEERF II Funds Reports

The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020.  Building on the structure of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of March 2020 the U.S. Department of Education designated these additional higher education support funds under the CRRSAA as HEERF II. Some of the funding from this Act, was allocated to institution of higher education, to provide students with emergency financial aid grant.

Under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II), the emergency financial aid grant may be used for any component of your tuition cost of attendance or emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental) or childcare.  

Undocumented and international students are newly eligible for this award.

Eligible students will see the application when they log in to the student portal at 

Frequently Asked Questions


What should the emergency financial aid grant be used for?
You should use this money to cover expenses related to the disruption of your education due to coronavirus, for example;
  • Any component of their cost of attendance including but not limited to tuition and fees, book costs, supplies, transportation, miscellaneous personal expenses (e.g. computer), and room and board
  • Emergency costs due to coronavirus such as, tuition, food, housing, health care or childcare

What if I didn't complete a FAFSA yet?  
Do it as soon as possible! Go to for more information and ask your Financial Aid Office for additional support virtually by going to 


How do I know a refund was issued to me?
Log in to and select Student Finance Account, Account Activity, and look at the Transactions listed with Item indicated as “BM CARES Act Refund” and the Refund amount. 

What if I have an outstanding balance due to City Colleges of Chicago, will this money be applied to my debt?
No, your money will not be applied to your debt.  The total emergency grant amount will be refunded to you.

What should I do if I need to update my address?
Log in to, select Profile and click Address to add or update you Mailing Address.  Please note, you cannot make changes to your Home Address online.

Who is BankMobile?
BankMobile is a company which City Colleges of Chicago partner with to deliver student’s refunds. If you receive an email from BankMobile the message is legitimate and requires action on your part.  To avoid any delays in accessing your refund, you must select a refund option.

How do I select my refund preference?
Log in to and click on “Select Refund Option Using BankMobile” to receive timely refunds from City Colleges of Chicago.

Can I change my refund preference with BankMobile?
Yes, you can change your refund preference. Such change must occur at least 24 hours before the issuance of a refund. Choose one of the following options through BankMobile.
• Deposit to an existing account
• Deposit to a BankMobile Vibe checking account (comes with debit card)
• Paper check delivered by U.S. Postal Service
What can I do if my banking information has change?
Log in to your profile. Select refund preference under the refunds tab and update the banking information at the top of the page.

How can I check on the status of my refund?

Log in to your profile and select “Refund Status & History” under the refunds tab. Any refund received by Bankmobile will appear in the Refund history box. 

Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
Send your questions to