Navigate Up
Sign In

Update Student Records

Make sure City Colleges of Chicago has your most up-to-date personal information.    

Accurate information will ensure that you receive all CCC correspondence and help us process your financial aid and updates to your residency requirements. You can update the following information by logging in to and clicking on the “Personal Information” tab at the top of the page:      

  • Mailing Address (Help Guide)
  • Phone Number
  • Personal Email Address
  • Emergency Contact Information
If you need to change any of the personal information listed below, you will need to complete this form​ and contact the Office of the Registrar at your college.    
To change your legal name:
Three identification documents must accompany the request. All documents must indicate the student’s new name, and at least one of the documents must be a valid photo ID. Approved identification documents include:   
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • Driver's license
  • State ID
  • City of Chicago ID
  • Mexican Consular ID (with picture)
  • Social Security card
  • Passport
  • Court order

To change your preferred name:  

Fill out the preferred name form here​ and submit to the Registrar’s Office.  

To change your home address:
Valid CCC or government-issued photo identification is required in addition to one of the following documents:  

  • Valid Driver's license or State of Illinois or City of Chicago identification card
  • Valid Voter registration card
  • Copy of current lease or mortgage statement
  • Current Utility bill (60 days or less): water, electric, gas, or home phone (mobile phone bills are not accepted)
  • Valid Foreign Consular ID card (with picture) that includes a current address
  • Current orders or a letter from Command for military service persons
  • Signed letter on letterhead from a homeless shelter confirming residency in the shelter
  • Chicago Public Schools (CPS) transcript that meets each of the following FOUR requirements:
    • CPS transcript must be official:
      • Mailed from CPS in sealed envelope, or
      • Sent from CPS electronically via secure vendor, or
      • Hand delivered from student or other designee in sealed envelope from CPS
    • CPS transcript must show senior year semester either in progress, completed, or graduation date
      • For Early College students only, semester in progress may be sophomore, junior, or senior year
    • CPS transcript address must match CCC records from admission application
    • CPS transcript can be used:
      • While enrolled at CPS, or
      • Up to nine (9) months after the graduation date from CPS, or
      • If no graduation date is listed, up to nine (9) months from the ending date of the last semester transcripted

To change your date of birth:
Valid CCC or government issued photo identification is required in addition to one of the following documents:   

  • State ID
  • Passport
  • Birth certificate

To change your Social Security Number:
Valid CCC or government issued photo identification is required along with a Social Security card indicating the updated Social Security Number.    

If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at your college.  ​​​​






Contact Information

180 N. Wabash
Chicago, IL 60601
Get Directions

Learn More