The Student Government Association (SGA):
- provides a forum for the open exchange of views and ideas on matters of importance to students
- defends students’ rights, advocates on behalf of students, and helps to formulate academic and institutional policies that affect students
- governs student clubs, groups and organizations and provides funding via its SGA annual budget allocation from the City Colleges of Chicago
- plans and sponsors social and cultural events throughout the academic year
The SGA is governed by the Guidelines for the Organization and Operation of Student Government Associations, the Student Policy Manual, and the Board Rules for Management and Government of the City Colleges of Chicago.
SGA officers are students elected as representatives by the student body. Officers are advised by their appointed advisor and the Associate Dean of Student Services (or designee). SGA officers must maintain a minimum of 6 credit hours with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75. Elections for SGA officers and senators occur annually during the spring semester. The SGA offers a great opportunity for students to develop or enhance their leadership skills.
Next Election Cycle
- February 4, 2014: Election packets are available
- March 7, 2014: SGA Candidate Packets Due
- March 25-27, 2014: SGA Elections
- March 31, 2014: SGA Results Announced
- April 25, 2014: SGA Officer Induction
Your SGA officers encourage students to get involved. If you have ideas that can benefit students or concerns, please contact one of your SGA officers.