To be eligible for financial aid, a student must:
- Be a citizen of the United States or an eligible non-citizen. (Proof of citizenship may be required.)
- Be a resident of Illinois for at least 12 months prior to award year to qualify for Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) programs. Proof of residency may be required.
- Demonstrate need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be enrolled at one of the City Colleges in an eligible financial aid program.
- Be in compliance with City Colleges Standards of Academic Progress for recipients of financial aid.
- Be a high school graduate, or have passed the GED. If neither of these distinctions apply, please see your financial aid office.
- Males 18 years of age and older must be registered with the Selective Service. Contact your local post office to register, or register online at the Selective Service System.