The certificate program includes courses in computer concepts, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and computerized medical billing and coding.
- Provides introductory knowledge and skills for entry-level billers and coders.
- 12-week courses incorporate feedback from Accretive Health, Advocate Healthcare Systems, University of Illinois Medical Center and Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
Automatic enrollment in UIC's Bachelor's in Nursing program
Graduates of City Colleges' associate's degree in nursing program have the opportunity for guaranteed admission to the University of Illinois' premier online Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) program through a transfer agreement. Specifically, students must have:
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in all transferrable courses
- a minimum GPA of 2.5 in science courses
- successfull completed the NCLEX-RN exam
UIC will grant qualified students 33 credits, at no cost. Students can earn a BSN but pay tuition for only 30 UIC credits.
Enhanced nursing foundational courses
The first-year nursing curriculum has been standardized across the District. With the help of industry feedback, CCC redesigned courses to utilize uniform assessment tools and benchmarking toolsto mark milestones of clinical skills acquisition.
- Fundamentals Nursing Assistant Personnel
- Clinical Nursing Assistive Personnel
- Fundamentals of Nursing (I and II)
- Nursing Process and Alterations in Homeostasis (I, II, III)
- Nursing in Perspective
Adult Education Healthcare Bridge Program
This bridge program, targeted for adult education students who want to enter the healthcare field but are not yet college-ready, will create a fluid pathway to careers in health professions and nursing. This bridge program is:
- Free to qualified students
- Embedded with a Basic Nurses Assistant (BNA) certificate
- 16 weeks long
TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS AND DISTIBUTION
Commercial Driver’s License (Class A)
Program: 8 Weeks
Emphasizes entrepreneurship, communications, and logistics skills.
Commercial Driver’s License (Class B)
Program: 5 Weeks
For public passenger vehicle operators. Emphasizes customer service.
Both of these enhanced driver's license programs now offer:
Forklift Operator Certificate
- soft skills including communication, customer service and problem solving
- guest lectures from relevant companies (e.g., Schneider, Roehl, Warner and TransAm)
The Fork Lift Operation and Safety certificate program prepares students to become safe and effective forklift operators. The curriculum, which is aligned with the supple chain management certificate (see below), includes theory and practical training.
This stand-alone certificate, which can be earned in one week, offers students the opportunity to parlay forklift training into a more global certificate.
Supply Chain Management: Basic Certificate
The Basic Certificate program for Supply Chain Management is designed for individuals interested in employment in the warehousing and distribution industry. Upon completion of the program students will understand the responsibilities of supply chain, material handlers, and freight inventory. Updated courses include:
- Working in the Warehouse Environment
- Warehousing Workforce Skills
- Learning labs to provide hands-on interactive experience with latest technology
- Soft skills including customer service and industry-tailored problem solving
The program is now 3 credit hours (up from 1.5), an enhancement made to reflect new workplace demands.
Supply Chain Management Program: Advanced Certificate
New Elective Courses offered to students in this program are:
- Field Experience: Introduction to 21st Century Ground Transportation (Class A Truck Driving)
- Working in the Warehouse Environment (forklift certification is included in this course)
The new curriculum, based on recommendations from C2C partner Coyote Logistics, emphasizes:
- intermodal transportation
- third-party logistics
- entrepreneurship and management
- communication and teamwork
- safety skills
Learning labs provide hands-on interactive experience with the industry's latest technology.
Precision Sheet Metal Technician: Basic Certificate
The Precision Sheet Metal Technician program trains students how to function as mechanics that provide maintenance, repair, and overhaul on operational aircraft. The program is distinguished by an embedded soft skills course, which is in direct response to input from industry. The following three courses comprise the program.
- Aircraft Structural Mechanics I
- Aircraft Structural Mechanics II
- Essential Skills for the Workplace
Adult Education TDL Bridge Program
This bridge program, targeted for adult education students who want to enter the TDL field, is free to qualified students. The 16-week program offers:
- an embedded forklift certificate
- warehouse skills training
- opportunity to prepare for GED test and COMPASS college placement exam
Ready to learn more about CCC’s offerings?
Seeking immediate assistance in your job search? Take advantage of City Colleges' Career Services.