Available at Kennedy-King College only
The Wenona C. Johnson Scholarship was established to assist low-income women, over the age of 40, who are entering college for the first time. Ms. Johnson was a wife, mother of six, business owner, and 43 years old when she returned to school and ultimately earned both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, books, and other associated costs. Special consideration will be given for transportation and child care needs.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 30, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
Up to $500
Number of Awards: Two (2) for Fall 2014
Scholarship funds are designated for students majoring in any field.
Eligibility Criteria include:
- Must be a female student;
- Must be at least 40 years of age or older;
- Must be entering college for the first time (could not have attended any other college prior to enrollment at Kennedy-King);
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate;
- Must be a single parent; can have adult children up to age 25;
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA or better.