The Marilyn Casey Scholarship is administered by the Illinois Community College System Foundation through a trust established in 2005 upon the death of Marilyn Casey. Ms. Casey was a nurse committed to assisting students pursuing a degree in a health-related field. This scholarship is designed to make a meaningful difference to students who have financial needs. Students are expected to achieve satisfactory academic progress for each semester enrolled and may receive the scholarship for two consecutive years/four semesters.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Award Amount: Up to $800 per semester.
Scholarship funds are designated for students enrolled in a health career program.
Eligibility Criteria include:
• Minimum 2.5 GPA and in good standing in the selected health career program;
• Must show evidence of sufficient ability to succeed in a health career program he/she has selected, (i.e., a copy of the acceptance letter to the program);
• This scholarship may be renewed for a subsequent year if funds are available and the student maintains satisfactory academic progress in his/her health career program;
• Recipients are expected to achieve satisfactory academic progress for each semester they are enrolled in their health career program;
• Satisfactory academic progress must be maintained for each semester enrolled;
• Must show evidence of financial need as determined by the college;
• Candidates must apply for any financial aid for which they are eligible.