Early Alerts: An opportunity to improve student retention and success.
Completing GradesFirst Progress Reports for your students means they will be contacted and provided resources at CCC to help them succeed and stay on track!
The Progress Report campaign for the Summer term begins Monday, June 23rd and continues through Monday, June 30th.
As one faculty member who uses GradesFirst attests:
I think GradesFirst has been helpful, as I noticed that students take the messages seriously and it lets them know what steps they can take to improve their grades. Reaching out to students individually makes them realize that someone is looking out for them, and for many students, this prompts them to take action to improve. I plan to use GradesFirst on a more regular basis each semester, now that I am familiar with it.
If you have not used GradesFirst, log in
and check it out today.
Please contact the GradesFirst faculty trainer at your college for training opportunities and support or logon to Blackboard
to access the GradesFirst Training Site.
- Schedule advising and tutoring appointments online.
- Communicate with their advisors via phone, email, text messaging, or Facebook.
- Easily identify which students need additional help and notify both students and advisors, who can then assist students with additional academic support, tutoring, or referrals.
- Put their advising availability online.
- Communicate with students via phone, email, text messaging, or Facebook
- Run reports to track advising efforts and ensure students are on the path to success.
GradesFirst features include:
- Easy access from any computer connected to the web.
- Easy access from a mobile device.
- Easy access from Facebook.
- Enhanced Early Alert System allowing faculty members to quickly notify both students and advisors when students are struggling in classes.
- Online appointment-making features for advising and tutoring.
- Calendars that reflect class schedules and sync with private calendars.