Navigate Up
Sign In

Financial Aid Missing Documents

How do I know if I have missing financial aid documents?

If you are missing financial aid documents or “selected for verification,” you should have been notified in one of the following ways:     
  • You may have been informed by a CCC staff member that you were selected for “verification,” have “missing documents”, or have “checklist items” to complete. 
  • You may have received an e-mail addressed to your CCC email address, notifying you of missing financial aid documents.
  • You may have noticed “To Do List” items in your student portal, which you can view by logging into with your CCC username and password. 

​Why have I been asked to submit missing documents?

The U.S. Department of Education selects more than one third (1/3) of all students nationally to confirm information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Here are some potential reasons:     
  • You were chosen at random
  • Your FAFSA contained estimated information 
  • Your FAFSA was incomplete 
  • Your FAFSA contained inconsistencies

​What do I do now?

  • Act quickly. Visit and begin working with your college Financial Aid Office right away. 
  • Once you determine which document(s) you are missing, you may be able to download required worksheets on the right-hand side of this page. You can also obtain worksheets and in-person assistance at your Financial Aid Office.
    • Make sure that you select the worksheet with the correct aid year and the EXACT name specific to your type of verification (for example “2016-17 V1 Dependent” or “2017-18 V5 Independent”). 
  • ​Carefully read and complete your worksheet, and provide any additional documentation requested.
  • If you are asked to provide “Income Information and Tax Filing Status,” begin by reading this “Obtaining a Tax Return Transcript” guide.
  • Remember to sign all worksheets. If the worksheet has a space for “Parent’s Signature,” make sure that your parent signs it. 

How do I submit missing financial aid documents? 

  • You must submit your paperwork in-person during business hours at your college’s Financial Aid Office. Only complete worksheets with all accompanying required documentation will be accepted. 

​Where and when can I visit my college’s Financial Aid Office? 

  • Click here ​for links to your college’s Financial Aid Office with hours and location information.