Navigate Up
Sign In
district,http://rss.blackboardconnect.com/167340/cccalert/feed.xml;washington,http://rss.blackboardconnect.com/167340/cccalerthw/feed.xml;truman,http://rss.blackboardconnect.com/167340/cccalerttr/feed.xml;daley,http://rss.blackboardconnect.com/167340/cccalertda/feed.xml;olive-harvey,http://rss.blackboardconnect.com/167340/cccalertoh/feed.xml;kennedy,http://rss.blackboardconnect.com/167340/cccalertkk/feed.xml;wright,http://rss.blackboardconnect.com/167340/cccalertwr/feed.xml;malcolm-x,http://rss.blackboardconnect.com/167340/cccalertmx/feed.xml

Science Technology Engineering and Math

 

 
 
Future growth in jobs and economic growth will come from innovations largely derived from science and technology.  While only 4% of the nation’s workforce are employed as scientists or engineers, this group creates opportunities and employment for the remaining 96%. 

The world is faced with difficult problems, nearly 8 billion mouths to feed, competition for resources, and responsible forms of energy production and use.  People with higher education in STEM disciplines will be well suited for addressing and potentially solving these problems. 

The City Colleges of Chicago support students in their STEM education.  Our content courses in areas such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Math, Engineering and Information Technology prepare students for further education upon transfer.  In addition CCC supports opportunities such as undergraduate research, community based outreach, and sustainability challenges to prepare students to be professionals in both their content and their activities
​​​

Faculty & Staff

On average, people in STEM occupations earned $78,000 in 2009.  This is well above the US average of $43,000​

Contact Information

Phone: 
(312) 553-2773
Fax: 
(312) 553-3347
226 W. Jackson Blvd.
 
Chicago, IL 60606
Get Directions

Hours

8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m