Level UP will prepare you for college-level coursework in a college environment. Students can save up to $3,000 in tuition and textbooks and eliminate up to 3 semesters of classes in 4-6 weeks. Not only can you accelerate your education in English and Math, but develop a support system with peers, faculty, and staff. Get involved with a close community of highly motivated peers and supportive teachers. Choose a schedule that fits your needs (a half day for one subject or a whole day for both English and Math).
Be ready to take a new path with your education and apply early to ensure a seat!
Level UP will run a special winter session at the following City Colleges campuses:
- Kennedy-King College:
- December 16th – December 17th (2 p.m. – 6 p.m.), December 18th (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) December 23rd (9 a.m. – 5 p.m., December 27th (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) January 3rd – January 8th (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- KKC Flyer (click here)
- Malcolm X College:
- December 16th to January 13th, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- MXC Level Up Flyer (click here)
- Wright College:
- December 16th to January 10th
- Math: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
- English 12:00 noon-3:00 p.m.
- Both English & Math: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- To Register, go to Continued Education Department, Room A-139
- Wright Level Up Flyer
- (click here)
Here are the three steps you MUST complete in order to be ready for the first day of Level UP:
1. Please apply to the City Colleges of Chicago.
2. Once you have applied to CCC and you receive your Student ID number, take the COMPASS Placement Test. (Some colleges may require you to attend an orientation before taking the COMPASS Placement Test) The test takes 2-3 hours so be sure you won't have to rush. You can take the test at any of the City Colleges of Chicago. For more information about testing times and locations, please visit the link below:
Placement Testing Information
Take time to prepare for the COMPASS test! Your success on this test may mean the difference between 4 weeks and 48 weeks of developmental coursework. Use the link below to help you practice for the COMPASS exam:
COMPASS Test Prep
3. Please apply to the LevelUp program: the Online application is available at LevelUp online application
or you can download the paper application LevelUP-Application.docx at then fax or email the application back to 312-553-3306 fax/LevelUp email.
After you send us your application, we will send you a confirmation e-mail with more information. Contact us at email@example.com
or at (773)-265-5343 if you have any questions.