The Office of the Inspector General for the City Colleges of Chicago has the authority to conduct
investigations regarding waste, fraud and misconduct by any officer, employee, member of the Board;
any contractor, subcontractor, consultant or agent providing or seeking to provided goods or services
to the City Colleges of Chicago; and any program administered or funded by the District or Colleges.
The full scope of the powers and duties of the Office of the Inspector General can be found in Section 2.7 of the Bylaws of the Board of Trustees.
Make a Confidential Complaint
You can make a confidential complaint regarding waste, fraud and misconduct involving City Colleges of Chicago officials, employees, or those doing business with the City Colleges in any manner with which you are comfortable, including the methods listed below:
- Clicking here and submitting a confidential complaint on-line.
- Sending an e-mail to InspectorGeneral@ccc.edu
- Calling the Office of the Inspector General Fraud Hotline at (312) 553-3399
- Faxing information to (312) 553-3418
- Mailing a letter to:
The Office of the Inspector General
City Colleges of Chicago
11 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
- Making an in-person complaint at 11 South LaSalle, Suite 1740.
Please note that by Board Rule all pending investigatory files and reports of the Office of the Inspector General are confidential and may only be divulged at the conclusion of investigations with recommendations of disciplinary or other action or may be divulged to the appropriate law enforcement / prosecutorial authorities for the purpose of criminal prosecution.
Prohibition Against Retaliation
Pursuant to Section 2.7.4(c) of the Bylaws of the Board of Trustees, no person shall retaliate against, punish or penalize any person for complaining to, cooperation with or assisting the Inspector General in the performance of his / her office.
Section 2.7.5 of the Bylaws of the Board of Trustees provides the following:
The Inspector General shall provide to the Chancellor and the Board a summary of investigations and audits resulting in sustained findings of waste, fraud, or misconduct for the period of January 1st through June 30th not later than September 1st each year and for the period of July 1st through December 31st not later than March 1st each year. The summary shall contain the following:
- (a) a description of the nature of the allegation or complaint;
- (b) a description of the results of the investigation or audit;
- (c) the Inspector General’s recommendations for discipline or other corrective measures;
- (d) the disciplinary or other action taken; and
- (e) any such other information as the Inspector General may deem relevant to the investigation or audit.
The summary report shall not mention the name of any informant, complainant, witness or person investigated or audited, unless otherwise authorized by the Chairman of the Board.
The Bi-Annual Reports submitted by the Inspector General of the City Colleges of Chicago are as follows:
- July 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012
- January 1, 2012 to June 30, 2012
- July 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
- January 1, 2011 to June 30, 2011
- July 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010