- If your crisis is an emergency or involves any risk to the safety of you or someone else, please contact Security or dial 911 immediately.
- If you are feeling extremely overwhelmed, depressed, or angry, but you are not experiencing an emergency, you would likely benefit from speaking with a professionally trained counselor in the Wellness Center. You may walk in to the Wellness Center or call us to set up an appointment. Your counselor can assist you in creating a plan and provide support and encouragement to help you solve your crisis.
What if I’m having feelings about harming myself?
If you are having thoughts of self-harm, please know that with support you will feel better. It is very important that you reach out to a friend, family member or counselor. A meeting with a Wellness Center staff member can be extremely helpful. Please know that the Wellness Center counselor will not judge your feelings and is committed to helping you feel more hopeful and more able to address the challenges in your life.
- During business hours, call or stop by the Wellness Center.
- Outside of business hours, if you need in-person assistance, immediately contact Security, call 911, or go to your nearest hospital emergency room. At any of these locations where you might seek help, there are understanding, helpful persons to assist you.
Getting Help if the Wellness Center is Closed
If your crisis is an emergency or involves any risk to the safety of you or someone else, please contact Security or dial 911 immediately.
If you believe that your concerns require immediate attention, but you do not feel that you need to be seen in person or require immediate emergency hospital care, contact one of the crisis hotlines below for assistance:
- Crisis hotline at Northwestern Memorial Hospital: 312-926-8100 (24/7)
- InTouch Crisis Hotline at UIC: 312-996-5535 (6:00 – 10:30 pm every night)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255(TALK) (24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention and Crisis Hotline: 1-800-999-9999 (24/7)
Find Your College's Wellness Center