How to Request Accommodation and/or Auxiliary Aids
- Call or visit the Disability Access Center (DAC) to schedule an intake appointment
- Submit documentation of your disability
When DAC Requests Should Be Made
Requests should be made at least six weeks before classes begin to ensure that services can be provided in a timely manner.
Documentation and Eligibility
Once documentation is on file and it is determined that a student is eligible for accommodations, the student should:
- Keep a copy of his/her disability documentation
- Request semester accommodations every semester
- Pick-up accommodation letters from the DAC to give to instructors on or before the first day of class
- Meet with instructors during their office hours to discuss specific accommodation needs
- Inform the DAC of changes to his/her schedule, including withdrawing from class
Documentation and student files will be maintained confidentially by the DAC for five years after the student's last semester using DAC services.
Evacuations & Emergencies
Students with disabilities who need assistance exiting the building in the event of an evacuation should bring a copy of their class schedule to the DAC at the beginning of each semester. Locations of students with disabilities are kept in the Security Office so the Fire Department can locate and assist students during an evacuation.