The Department of Mathematics offers students of diverse backgrounds and skills a variety of mathematics courses so that students will develop the ability to explore, conjecture, reason logically, and effectively solve mathematical problems. Students utilize multiple methods and current technology to acquire the knowledge necessary to succeed in their future endeavors.
- Develop critical thinking skills and apply them in everyday situations.
- Demonstrate quantitative literacy in interpreting data presented verbally, graphically, numerically, and in written form.
- Use current technology to enhance insight into mathematics.
- Integrate mathematical knowledge across the curriculum.
- Learn the essential role of mathematics in everyday life.