The Center's vision is to establish and enhance strategic partnerships with students, faculty, administrators, staff, employers, and community leaders that will form an effective educational and employment network.
Students and Alumni
Feel free to contact your office if you need any career planning or job search assistance. To access the latest job listings, you must first visit and register with your local Career Planning and Placement Center. You also have the option to schedule an appointment anytime during regular business hours.
Employers & Community Leaders
The Career Planning and Placement Center would love to host your next recruiting event. Our On-Campus Recruiting Program is a great way to reach our diverse student population and network of professional job seekers. Every year, we host Job Fairs during the Fall and/or Spring semester. To schedule an on-campus visit and/or register for the job fairs, feel free to contact our office. You may also post your latest job openings by emailing, faxing, or mailing them to us.
Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
Your link to students and connections with business, industry, and community leaders are also extremely crucial in the career planning process. For those reasons, we want to establish a partnership with you and serve as the CAREER CENTER for all of the contacts you have that could possibly lead our students and alumni to gainful employment. If you share this information with us, we will foster relationships with those organizations and make their job listings available to the individuals registered with our office.
Career Services envisions career development as a life-long process and empowers students, alumni and the community through its programs and services to develop and implement a plan to achieve their current and future career goals. Whether students or community residents are exploring career options, deciding on a major, making a career change, or searching for a job, Career Services can help.
The Career Planning & Placement Center Services can help you...
- Find the career and major best suited for you
- Complete an online career and educational program (FOCUS-2)
- Learn how to complete a job application
- Learn how to create a resume that will get you noticed, along with cover letters and thank you letters
- Learn about effective interviewing skills
- Find a job
- Register for the City Colleges of Chicago online job board: Career Network
- Annual career fair
- Learn about internships and work-based learning
Career Services offers...
- Individual career advising
- Career workshops
- A variety of hard-copy, multimedia and online career resources - books, directories, videos, magazines, website listings, and other resource materials
Should you have any questions or need further information, do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.