About 9,000 credit and non-credit students
Average Class Size
27 students per class
55% Full-time students, 44% part-time students. The majority of full-time students are recent high school graduates; however, many adults also attend classes. The average student age is 28 years old.
Harold Washington College is located in the bustling Loop area of downtown Chicago at 30 E. Lake St., on the corner of Lake and Wabash. The college is easily accessible by public transportation.
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Associate in Engineering Science
- Associate in Fine Arts – Art (Education)
- Associate in Fine Arts – Art (Studio)
- Associate in Fine Arts – Music Education
- Associate in Fine Arts – Music Performance
- Associate in Arts in Teaching – Early Childhood Education
- Associate in Arts in Teaching – Secondary Math
- Associate in General Studies
- Certificates (various program plans)
- Continuing Education
- Encore College
University Transfer Advantages
Located in downtown Chicago, HWC is just steps from many outstanding colleges and universities which enroll more than 65,000 students and is known as the largest higher education footprint in Illinois. Several articulation agreements have been established by City Colleges of Chicago with other colleges and universities
. In addition, Harold Washington College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, participates in the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)
, which is a comprehensive statewide effort among more than 100 colleges and universities in Illinois to facilitate the transfer of students.