WELCOME TO HARRY S TRUMAN COLLEGE! CONGRATULATIONS ON STARTING YOUR ACADEMIC PATH TO SUCCESS!
As a new student, you must attend a New Student Orientation.
During your orientation session you can expect to:
Please arrive promptly and plan for a full day on campus!
Children are not allowed during the sessions; however, parents or other family members are welcome to attend. Only the student is required to register to save a seat. Family and friends must wait outside of the Testing Center during the COMPASS placement test
Before attending your orientation session, please:
- Complete your ONLINE Admission Application for Truman College (if not completed).
- Upon application submission, you will receive a Student I.D. number. Bring that Student I.D. number to your orientation session.
- Please PREPARE to take the COMPASS placement test. Resources are available.
- Complete your FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA).
If you have completed and will be transferring 15 credit hours from an accredited institution prior to attending Truman, you can waive the new student orientation; however, you must provide an official college transcript to the Registrar's Office in the Larry McKeon Student Services Building, Room 135.
- Students with a grade of "C" or better in college level English and/or math may be exempt from the COMPASS placement test. Students must show proof of credits with college transcript.
- Students with valid ACT scores (21 in math/English) or AP test scores (3 or higher) may be exempt from the COMPASS placement test. ACT scores are only valid for four years.
- Students with college transcripts or valid ACT/AP scores should see the Admissions Specialist.
• • •
Please be sure to finish your Financial Aid application as soon as possible. We encourage students to apply for financial aid no later than March 1st each year (although you may still apply later).