Why should I join a Learning Community when I register for classes?
- Connect what you learn and do in one class to what you learn and do in other classes
- Meet other college students, build friendships, and study with enthusiastic instructors
- Explore important and engaging issues within a supportive learning environment
- Get connected with your college advisor, who will help keep you on track to graduation
- Participate in fun social events and go on class outings together
Campaign Success Learning Communities Mission Statement
Invested faculty, academic support staff, and administrators at Truman College are committed to a “Campaign of Success” that cultivates in our students a love of deep learning, a renewed sense of academic engagement, confidence, and momentum, and an attachment to the social support networks around them.
Have other students done well in their “Learning Communities”
- Compared to students who took regular, separated classes in Fall 2012, Learning Community students were 13% more likely to stay in class and 10% more likely to pass with a "C" or better.
What students are saying about Campaign Success Learning Communities
- “I had a really good experience with the Learning Community this semester with the peer-group interactions.”
- “The Learning Community is a great experience and I have decided to do it again.”
- “I enjoy the Learning Community. It gives a family feel to class.”
- “The learning community was a good experience and it also helped motivate me to finish this semester.”
How do I enroll in a Campaign Success Learning Community for next semester?
- Check out the learning communities being offered here.
- Write down or print off and circle the learning communities you are interested in joining.
- Bring your selections to your advisor in room 118. Tell your advisor which learning community you would like to enroll in.
Contact Geoff Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org (773.907.4687), Elizabeth Rosenthal at email@example.com (773. 907.6833), Maggie Rice Ayala at firstname.lastname@example.org
(773.907.4041), or Keilah Arzet at email@example.com