The general admissions requirements are accessible through this website. Any questions or concerns you have about applying to the City Colleges can be answered by contacting your International Student Advisor.
- Complete an International Student Admission Application (to be filled out by applicant only). International Student Admission Application is available from your International Student Advisor.
- Submit official copies of academic transcripts from secondary, college, or university institutions.
- Submit all educational credentials (transcripts, diplomas, or certificates) earned at the secondary or post-secondary levels outside of the United States. All such credentials must be evaluated by Educational Perspectives.
- Submit a completed Affidavit of Support form. Sponsors who are US citizens and permanent residents should complete the USCIS Form I-134 Affidavit of Support. Sponsors who are not US citizens or permanent residents should complete the Affidavit of Support form included with the International Student Admission Application.
- Submit a certified bank letter of verification. Sponsor must show a minimum of USD$30,000 in his/her account. If you are self-sponsored student, you must show a minimum of USD$40,000 in your account.
- Submit an employment verification form. Sponsor must show a minimum annual income of USD$40,000.
Students from countries where English is not the official language must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test. Minimum test scores required for admittance: 500 on the paper-based test, OR 173 on the computer-based test, OR 61 on the Internet-based test with a minimum of 15 points in each test category (reading, listening, speaking, writing). Please send your TOEFL scores to your college.
City Colleges of Chicago TOEFL Codes
- Daley College - #1649
- Harold Washington College - #1089
- Kennedy-King College - #1910
- Malcolm X College - #1144
- Olive-Harvey College - #158
- Truman College - #1111
- Wright College - #1958