Biology Department Code of Professionalism
Beyond teaching biology, the Biology Department is concerned with the development within its students of ideal professional values, attitudes, skills and behaviors during the passage from our department into their future career. This development involves a number of processes, beginning with the first day of class and continuing throughout his or her professional life. The professional attributes that form the core of the Biology Department Code of Professionalism include the following:
- Professional Responsibility. Students in the Biology Department always help to create a positive learning environment, are punctual, and complete all activities of which he or she is expected.
- Competence and Self-Improvement. Students in the Biology Department are committed to studying and lifelong learning.
- Respect for Others and Professional Relationships. Students in the Biology Department demonstrate respect at all times—to instructors, staff, administration, and their peers.
- Honesty. Students in the Biology Department are committed to honesty at all times. This commitment extends from our classroom or laboratory assignments or examinations to our interactions with others. This attribute includes the responsibility for reporting dishonesty of others.
- Social Responsibility. Students in the Biology Department demonstrate concern for and responsiveness to social ills, the environment and other factors which affect our community.