Online Learning Proctored Exam Policies
CDL Proctored Exam Policies
- Students should arrive at least 15 minutes in advance of their scheduled testing time to allow for check-in.
- Students must present a photo I. D. (CCC Student ID Card, Passport, Driver’s License, or State ID) before being admitted to the test site. PLEASE NOTE: Students who fail to produce the required identification will not be allowed to take their exam.
- Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late for their appointment may be asked to reschedule their examination appointment.
- The proctor has the option of assigned seating.
- Students are prohibited from accessing any additional programs, launching additional windows, or clicking in any window other than the one in which the exam appears while taking an exam. The exam for a student caught doing any of the above will be immediately terminated by the proctor and the student will be asked to leave the exam site. The proctor will notify the instructor of the incident for further action. (Level 3 violation)
- Students are prohibited from referring to books, notes, or other materials while taking an exam unless express permission to do so has been granted by the professor. Personal belongings such as briefcases, purses, and bags must be placed on the floor during the course of the exam. The exam for a student caught referring to such materials will be immediately terminated by the proctor and the student will be asked to leave the exam site. The proctor will notify the instructor of the incident for further action. (Level 3 violation)
- Students are prohibited from talking, giving assistance or receiving assistance while taking an exam. The exam(s) for a student, or students, caught exchanging information will be immediately terminated by the proctor and the students will be asked to leave the exam site. The proctor will notify the instructor(s) of the incident for further action. (Level 3 violation)
- Students will not be allowed to leave the testing area until they have completed the exam. In the event that a student must leave the exam site, the proctor is required to end their exam immediately. Students who leave the exam site without completing their exam should contact their course coordinator for further instructions. (Level 2 violation)
- All materials, including any scratch paper obtained from the proctor and used during the taking of the exam must be returned to the proctor upon completion of the exam.
- Children are not permitted in any test site.
- Palm Pilots, electronic dictionaries/thesaurus, cell phones, beepers and pagers are not permitted. All devices are to be turned off when in the examination site prior to taking an exam.
- Students with disabilities who need assistance taking an exam should call the Online Learning at (312) 553-5983 at least one week prior to their scheduled exam to make special arrangements.
- No student will be allowed to use a dictionary (English, English translation, etc.) unless the faculty coordinator for that course has given express written permission in the course syllabus or in http://ccc.blackboard.com. Subsequent to such permission, all dictionaries will be inspected by the site proctor before the student will be allowed to use it during an exam. No exceptions will be made to this policy.