Appropriate Use of Computer Workstations
Students and the general public should be aware of CCC's Responsible_Computer_Use_Policy0806.pdf
Students, faculty and public are expected to use computing resources for educational and library research purposes only. The following rules also apply when using Library computer workstations:
- Library research has priority over other uses. During days of maximum computer usage, non-researchers will be referred to campus computer labs.
- Use of any social networking website (Facebook, MySpace, etc) is not permitted.
- The public may use the Library computers, but priority is given to students, faculty, and staff.
- Moving, repairing, reconfiguring, modifying, or attaching external devices other than storage devices (e.g., flash drives) is not permitted.
- Downloading copyrighted music, movies or any other media is not permitted.
- Headphones must be used when listening to any audio, video or multimedia.
- Only assistance animals are permitted in the Library.
Cell Phones and Other Electronic Devices
- Talking on a cell phone is not permitted while inside the Library. Cell phones must be turned off, set to vibrate or set to silent.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the Library.
The following behavior is not permitted while in the Library:
- Buying or selling goods or services, or soliciting donations of any kind.
- Excessive noise.
- Using sound-generating devices, with or without headphones, at an audible level.
- Inappropriate or disruptive behavior, including fighting, threatening, intimidating, or abusing library staff, faculty or patrons with words or actions.
- Overt signs of substance abuse, including drunkenness.
- Entering areas marked “Staff Only”.
- Posing a sanitary or health risk to others, including offensive hygiene.
Food and Drink Policy
- Eating and drinking is not permitted in the Library. All food and drink must be put away upon entering the Library.
- Personal belongings and property should not be left unattended. The Library is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.