Appropriate Use of Computer Workstations
Students, faculty and public are expected to use computing resources for educational and library research purposes only. The following rules also apply when using Library computer workstations:
- Library research has priority over other uses. During days of maximum computer usage, non-researchers will be referred to campus computer labs.
- Use of any social networking website (Facebook, MySpace, etc) is not permitted.
- The public may use the Library computers, but priority is given to students, faculty, and staff.
- Moving, repairing, reconfiguring, modifying, or attaching external devices other than storage devices (e.g., flash drives) is not permitted.
- Downloading copyrighted music, movies or any other media is not permitted.
- Headphones must be used when listening to any audio, video or multimedia.
- Only assistance animals are permitted in the Library.
Cell Phones and Other Electronic Devices
- Talking on a cell phone is not permitted while inside the Library. Cell phones must be turned off, set to vibrate or set to silent.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the Library.
The following behavior is not permitted while in the Library:
- Buying or selling goods or services, or soliciting donations of any kind.
- Excessive noise.
- Using sound-generating devices, with or without headphones, at an audible level.
- Inappropriate or disruptive behavior, including fighting, threatening, intimidating, or abusing library staff, faculty or patrons with words or actions.
- Overt signs of substance abuse, including drunkenness.
- Entering areas marked “Staff Only”.
- Posing a sanitary or health risk to others, including offensive hygiene.
Food and Drink Policy
- Eating and drinking is not permitted in the Library. All food and drink must be put away upon entering the Library.
- Personal belongings and property should not be left unattended. The Library is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.