Information Literacy Instruction
If you would like your class to learn how to use library resources more effectively, we suggest you sign up for a Information Literacy session with one of our Reference and Instruction Librarians.
Possible topics that can be covered during an Information Literacy session:
- Physical orientation of the library
- Overview of library website and tools.
- How to find information on Primo
- How to search specific online databases
- Differences between scholarly and popular publications
- How to evaluate information sources (print or online)
- How and when to cite information
- Plagiarism overview
- How to conduct more effective searches on databases or the web
- Customized orientation sessions focused on a specific assignment or subject area
Please complete the library orientation form if you would like to schedule a session for your class. Instructors must provide at least one alternate date and time for each research class or walking tour and one week’s advance notice for scheduling and preparation. Your request will be followed up by one of our library staff.
Classroom Library Orientation Request Form
Requests forms for Instructional Materials
Request to purchase titles
Course reserve request form
Request Audio-Visual Materials
Request audio-visual materials.