At the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), we are committed to providing our students with a broad range of educational opportunities and services to help them achieve their education and career goals. We serve a highly diverse student population, including full-time, part-time, transfer, disabled, under-represented, military veteran, and international students.
Admissions is easy and applications are accepted year-round. CCC is an open enrollment institution; we are here to guide you every step of the way. Whether you enroll full-time or part-time, we offer a variety of options to fit your busy schedule, including daytime and evening classes, as well as distance education courses via our Center for Distance Learning (CDL).
Admissions is a two step process, as follows.
Step 1: Apply Online (New Students Only)
Complete the Apply for College online admissions application. If you have a Social Security Number (SSN), please enter it on your application. Your SSN enables us to quickly determine if you have an existing record in our database. We will keep your SSN confidential and will not share it. You can complete an online application even if you do not have an SSN.
Once your application is accepted, you will be assigned a student ID number which you will use to complete the admissions process.
Step 2: Visit the College of Your Choice
After you complete your online admissions application, please visit your college to continue the admissions process, including verification of your identity and residency. Since tuition rates differ depending upon your residency, we require proof of residency using one of the following documents:
- Valid/current driver's license or State of Illinois ID card
- Voter registration card
- Utility bill: water,electric, gas or home phone (cell phone bills are not accepted)
- Copy of lease or mortgage statement
- Mexican Consular ID card
- Current orders or a letter from Command for military service persons
- Signed letter on letterhead from a homeless shelter confirming residency in the shelter
Continue the Admissions Process
New students need to complete a placement test, attend college orientation, select an academic program (major), enroll in first semester courses, and make payment arrangements.
- New Student Orientation - this session is loaded with important information about your college, academic policies, student support services, and much more
- Success Navigator Questionnaire – please complete the Success Navigator online (http://tinyurl.com/a6gxkfo) at your convenience prior to taking the COMPASS Placement Test. You will need your student ID number to complete the questionnaire. The Success Navigator is used in the placement process and helps us identify additional resources to ensure your success
- COMPASS Placement Test - required for most students (may be waived in certain cases based upon recent ACT test scores or prior college coursework). It is vitally important that you do your very best work on the test: it pays to prepare. You should complete your placement test as soon as possible
- Selecting your academic plan (major) - what are your career interests? Your academic plan should be guided by the career you are seeking. Note: you may change the academic plan you selected in your admissions application. We encourage you to spend time considering your interests, skills, and career choices. Then, meet with your Academic Advisor. Here are some useful tools:
- Enroll in first semester classes - new students must register on campus
- Make payment arrangements
- Financial aid - apply no later than March 1st for the next academic year, if possible
- Cash payment, including monthly payment plans
Why the City Colleges of Chicago Is a Great Choice
Throughout our 100 year history, the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) have provided pathways to success for more than 1 million alumni.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.