Lodging managers typically:
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Greet and register guests.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve occupants' complaints.
- Monitor the revenue activity of the hotel or facility.
- Train staff members.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility's policies and procedures.
- Coordinate front-office activities of hotels or motels, and resolve problems.
- Participate in financial activities, such as the setting of room rates, the establishment of budgets, and the allocation of funds to departments.
- Collect payments and record data pertaining to funds and expenditures.
- Manage and maintain temporary or permanent lodging facilities.
Click here to learn more about 11-9081 Lodging Managers.