Fitness trainers and aerobics instructors typically:
- Offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Monitor participants' progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
- Teach and demonstrate use of gymnastic and training equipment such as trampolines and weights.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment.
- Provide students with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues.
Click here to learn more about 39-9031 Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors.